Salt Lake County Jail Clerk - eSkill Test Required in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
eSKILL TEST REQUIRED - PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Provides prisoner services such as scheduling, receiving and checking in visitors. Provides telephone services, screenes prisoner mail, and distributes commissary merchandise to prisoners.
One year of full-time experience working in an office environment or a certificate of successfull completion of a 1 year office administration program.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Pre-schedules prisoner visits, verifies and records visitor information, answers questions on Jail policies, booking, charges, bail amount, commitments, and length of incarceration.
- Answers and routes calls to employees; assists attorneys, judges, and bail bondsmen with call-in questions; assists callers who receive sensitive or threatening from inside the jail; and receives calls on serious injury, illness, or death notifications.
- Checks in visitors; provides orientation; coordinates professional walk-in visits from legal advisors, clergy members, and health care providers.
- Monitors multiple movement and waiting area cameras; directs visitors to correct area; facilitates movement to and from visitation areas by operating security doors.
- Runs warrants and record checks on visitors using BCI, III, etc., and Offender Management System, OMS.
- Screeens incoming and outgoing prisoner mail, email, magazines, newpapers, and books for irregularities or violations; monitors for contraband.
- Obtains prisoner signatures and performs notary services; receives funds through the mail, prepares deposits, updates prisoners accounts on OMS.
- Picks up and delivers inter-office mail, prisoner kites, and grievances.
- Processes out-going mail and returns insufficient postage mail to prisoners.
- Accepts delivery of pre-packaged commissary from contracted provider; sorts commissary orders by housing units; delivers sorted prisoner commissary orders; delivers welfare items weekly.
- Updates OMS and commissary tracking systems; receives and sends information from other agencies and jurisdictions via telephone, email, fax, teletype or correspondence.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks.
- Assists in training new employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003